The Internet Cat Video Film Festival took place last night at the Christopher Cohan Performing Arts Center. The celebration of online cat videos benefited the Cal Poly Cat Program and brought cat lovers from all over San Luis Obispo together to enjoy the Internet’s best cat videos.
Here are some highlights from the event.
1. When this human-sized cat made the film festival feel a little bit like Disneyland.
He or she (gender unknown) was the Internet Cat Video Festival equivalent of Jennifer Lawrence at the Golden Globes.
Everyone wanted a picture and a high-five, at least. It’s not very hard to see why.
3. When award-winning-cat-video-maker Will Braden dazzled the audience with his humor and accomplishments.
Braden’s film, Henri, Le Chat Noir, won the Golden Kitty in 2012 for Best Cat Film.
“I love it here. I freaking love it,” Braden, a San Luis Obispo resident, said. “Everybody is nice. Everything is cool. Your whole town smells like cookies and wine.”
6. When this cat drank scotch and bashed Boo the Dog on Facebook.
This disgruntled feline gave the audience quite the laugh when he wrote “F**kin’ hipster” on a Facebook photo belonging to the infamous Boo the Dog.
7. When this human flawlessly impersonated a cat.
From gagging a hairball onto the kitchen floor to hiding behind corners for no apparent reason, this human perfectly reenacted those moments that are just so … “cat.”
Check out the hilarious video here.
8. When this human apologized to his cat with a box palace and it was heartwarming.This man crafted a palatial estate out of boxes for his feline friend, Rufus, after an ear infection caused some bad beef between the two.
Grab a box of tissues and watch the video here.
9. When these sad cats vented about their cat problems.
In “Sad Cat Diary,” an assortment of felines told the audience of their first world cat problems.
“My food dish is now only half full. It is obvious that I will soon starve to death,” said one cat.
10. When this kitty exercise video was an impressive feat of cat training. But really. How did they do this?
11. When this Catalogue video was the punniest thing ever.
CAT-alogue. Get it? Watch it right here, right meow.
12. When “Boots and Cats” became the most genius video of all time.
It took these cat video makers less than two minutes to inspire the sudden realization that beatboxing really does sound like someone is saying “boots” and “cats.”
Reach that level of enlightenment here.
14. When the image of this hairless cat was forever burned into the back of the audience’s mind, but they still enjoyed it.
It’s said a picture is worth a thousand words. This clip is worth a thousand nightmares.
All in all, the evening was a great success. The cat videos weren’t just funny or cute, they validated college students’ firm belief that three hours on YouTube isn’t procrastination. It’s art.