Cal Poly President Jeffrey Armstrong has laid out a draft strategic plan that is in line with his Vision 2022 goals that were introduced in May of 2014.
The plan includes six common goals:
- Common Goal 1: Nurture the campus community
- In doing so, the plan calls for increased communication, engagement and collaboration throughout campus.
- Common Goal 2: Foster inclusion and diversity
- Create an environment that is inclusive for all members of the campus community through diverse students, faculty and staff.
- Common Goal 3: Enhance student success
- According to the plan, the best way to engage students is through opportunities on campus, whether it be employment, housing or leadership programs.
- Armstrong aims to have 100 percent of second-year students and 60 percent of all students living campus.
- The plan also requires all freshmen and sophomores to live campus by 2023, which Armstrong believes will increase student success.
- Common Goal 4: Enhance faculty and staff success
- Provide for the needs of faculty and staff to ensure their success.
- Common Goal 5: Develop financial sustainability
- Create a comprehensive budget model.
- Common Goal 6: Address capital improvement and deferred maintenance
- Enhance and improve campus spaces and technology processes.