Baby Back Ribs with Plum Sauce
– 4 Whole slabs baby back ribs
– 1 cup plum jam or jelly
– 1?2 cup honey
– 1?2 cup seasoned salt
– 1?4 lemon juice
– 1?4 cup minced green onions
– 3 cloves minced garlic
1. Rub ribs with seasoned salt and place bone side down on roasting pan.
2. Preheat oven to 350, and cover and bake ribs for one hour or until tender.
3. When ribs are baking place the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
4. After removing ribs from the oven, lightly baste with sauce and place on grill over medium coals.
5. Cook on grill for 25-30 minutes continually turning ribs and basting with sauce.
*For extra spice add a jalape¤o to the sauce before blending
Beer Can Chicken
– 1 whole fryer chicken
– 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
– 1?4 cup barbeque seasoning
– 1 16 oz. beer in a can
1. Remove neck, giblets, and excess fat from chicken and rinse under cold water.
2. Lightly brush entire chicken, inside and out with vegetable oil.
3. Rub the chicken inside and out with seasoning.
4. Open beer and drink half. (Do Not Waste the Beer!)
5. Carefully push down tab on the beer can to extend the opening and place inside of the chicken cavity.
Careful not to spill any beer transfer the chicken on the grill and place upright over indirect medium heat.
Grill until the juices run clear and the chicken is fully cooked. (Approximately 1- 1/2 hours depending on the size of the bird.)
Wearing barbeque gloves carefully remove chicken from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes before removing beer can.
Discard the beer and serve the chicken with more beer.