Associated Students Inc. (ASI) held its biweekly Board of Directors meeting last night in University Union (UU) room 220. It began at 5:14 and went until 6:38 p.m. The ASI president and Board election results were a main topic that was brought up throughout the night. Beyond that, several other topics were discussed are as follows:
• San Luis Obispo Mayor Jan Marx will attend UU hour tomorrow, May 5.
• Cornel Morton, vice president for Student Affairs, announced that current associate director of Student Life and Leadership Stephan Lamb was asked to fill the director of Student Life and Leadership position for the next two years. This is a result of current director of Student Life and Leadership Ken Barclay’s recent announcement of retirement.
• Campus Dining Director Mike Thornton announced that Cal Poly Corporation “signed a check” and contract to open a Subway on campus. The project is expected to be finished next fall.
• The Board of Directors approved Resolution #11-06, which approves shared governance to allow administration, faculty, staff and students to share in the decision making processes on campus.
• There are three administrative position searches still underway: a university provost, the vice president of university advancement and a dean for the College of Engineering.