Campus market was briefly evacuated Monday at approximately 10:30 a.m. after an excessive amount of smoke from the grill caused the smoke detectors to go off.
University Police Department (UPD) arrived on scene and evacuated the building as per protocol. No flames or injuries were reported and the store was back in business within 30 minutes. Business administration freshman Caleigh Little was working at the time.
“As far as I know, the grill fan stopped working,” Little said. “The smoke filled up the room and triggered the fire alarm.”
Management at Campus Market declined to comment on the incident.