I’ve been doing little tweaks here and there on site as well as implementing new things. Here’s a nice list of them all. There will be more to come, but who knows if I’ll disclose them.
- “What’s Your Rant?” is a new page where you can contact us or leave a comment about…well, whatever you feel like. You can rant and rave anonymously if you like. Leave us a juicy tip for an investigative piece even.
- Cal Poly Television and the Mustang Daily have teamed up (finally)! We’re going to start putting relevant CPTV videos with our articles as well as putting up the CPTV broadcast every Friday.
- See that little Radio-like thing on the homepage’s sidebar? That’s KCPR’s live feed. We’re currently trying to get it to show up on all pages and even pop out so you can browse without worrying about it shutting off.
- Did you notice the polls in the sidebar? We downloaded a plugin that allows us to put them in the sidebar or in articles, so you can give your general opinion with a few clicks instead of actually commenting.
- We had some complaints about the font being barely readable. So I changed it. I liked it personally, and you can still see it in some elements of the website (my byline for instance). Our managing editor was worried that we’d get made fun of for using Arial. Pfft. Just be glad we aren’t using Comic Sans or Papyrus. Why are those bad? Allow me to direct you to a Cracked article on it.