1. Mustang Mile runs through campus for its third year
Associated Students, Inc. partnered with Aware Awake Alive on Wednesday to put on the third annual Mustang Mile 5K.
2. TBT: Chris Frias leads track into NCAA Prelims
This article was published on May 22, 2013. The then-junior Frias finished 28th in the 10,000 at the NCAA West Preliminary Round to end the season on last year. Frias broke a 31-year-old school record in the 10,000-meter run at the Stanford Invitational this season en route to being named Big West Conference Men’s Track Athlete of the Year on Wednesday.
3. CSU Board of Trustees moves Grand Avenue housing project forward
The master plan for the proposed residence hall plan on Grand Avenue, despite receiving backlash from the community, has been approved.
4. Lightning in a Bottle festival to feature Phantogram, Moby
The weekend-long art and music festival Lightning in a Bottle is set for Memorial Day weekend.
5. Softball’s rise starts in the pitcher’s circle
The Cal Poly softball team (33-19 overall, 14-7 Big West) completed its season this past week by winning 11 of its last 13 games and finished in second place in the Big West Conference — the highest since finishing first in 2009.